Are Chiropractors open for Emergency during COVID-19 ?
Our emergency chiropractors are open for non-routine appointments only during stage 4 restrictions.
To be eligable for an appointment the chiropractor must deem your condition to be risk of significantly deterioating if treatment is delayed until after the stage 4 restrictions.
If you are unsure whether your condition is eligable you can call and speak to a chiropractor
* COVID-19 UPDATE: Stage 4*
- Chiropractors are classified ESSENTIAL SERVICE PROVIDERS & are OPEN to see patients during stage 4 lock down.
- You are able to travel >5kms for Medical and allied health appointments this includes chiropractic appointments.
- We are limiting appointments to patients who are in pain, or require appointments to prevent their condition from significantly deteriorating
- Chiropractors can only consult where the patient’s care is non-routine care.
- Our chiropractors will be personally call you before the appointment to ensure it is suitable you attend for an appointment at this time.
- An updated statement from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Are Your Chiropractic Clinics prepared for COVID-19 infection?
With an eLearning Course in Infection Control training from the Australian Department of health, strict cleaning rules and by following social distancing our Chiropractors have been able to maintain a clean clinic and minimised the risk of infection. We make sure people who attend the clinics or are treated at home by our Chiropractors have not travelled outside Australia in the last 4 weeks, do not have symptoms of the Corona Virus, or have not been in close contact with someone known to have a COVID-19 infection.
Amongst the strategies for remaining a clean and essential service for the community, all our clinics and chiropractors use the following techniques.
- – Hand sanitisation between patients and after using computers and handling cash.
- – If feeling any symptoms of being unwell whatsoever our employees are instructed to self isolate at home.
- – We thoroughly wipe down tables that patients lay on before and after treatment
- – Spray Glen-20 disinfectant is sprayed regularly
- – Available hand sanitiser for use by patients on arrival and departure
- – Our clinics are cleaned regularly: including door handles and surfaces
- – Make sure our patients appointments are far apart to maintain social distancing
- – Offer patients to call ahead and let us know they are waiting in their car at the clinic
- – Never shaking hands and using minimal contact with patients
For All inquiries Call
Has the Australian Government considered Chiropractors to be an essential service?
Since the Australian government has enforced social distancing regulations, we have continued to take this very seriously. We are limited the number of people inside our clinics at any one time. Other ways we are able to help reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19 are by
- – Maintaining 1.5 meter distance from other people
- – Encouraging people to use ‘tap’ on EPTPOS machines, rather than touching machines or using cash.
- – Avoiding social gatherings
- – Maintaining contact only with members of their household
- – Keeping meetings to a maximum of 2 people in public
- – Using good hygiene techniques
- – Offering advice, doing meetings and working from home as often as possible.
- – Using cleaning products to regularly clean all used surfaces at home and in the clinics
- – If a cough or sneeze is imminent, doing so into the elbow and then immediately washing hands
What is chiropractic?
- You do not need a referral to see a chiropractor, since they are primary healthcare practitioners
- Chiropractic focuses on musculoskeletal conditions
- Chiropractic see people who are experiencing neck pain, back pain, joint tension and stiffness.
- Chiropractors use manual adjustments with high velocity and low amplitude force
- Other techniques with chiropractors are soft tissue massage, trigger point therapies and stretches and home exercises
Conditions Chiropractors manage?
- Musculo-skeletal conditions
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Joint Stiffness
- Muscle tension
- Management of sports injuries
- Workplace injuries
About Melbourne Emergency Chiropractic
- Large team of chiropractors and multiple locations around Victoria
- Chiropractors required to undergo regular coaching, seminars and meetings
- Use of multiple techniques including traditional chiropractic mixed with new technology for diagnosis and management
- New facilities and equipment
- Our Chiropractors all have registration and are insured
- 50 years combined clinical experience across the company
- Offer same day appointments, treatment and advice
- We work alongside many other allied health professional (massage, myotherapists, naturopaths, psychologists)
- All our chiropractors have completed infection control training; so they better prepared for the COVID-19 crisis.