- Available 6-7 days a week
- Secure online appointments
- Traction/ Decompression Machine
- Access to a range of other allied health professionals
- Onsite X-rays & HICAPS
- HICAPS insurance rebates
- Experienced Chiropractors
ABOUT CHIROPRACTIC HAWTHORN
If you’re looking for an after-hours chiropractor, Hawthorn Emergency Chiropractic clinic is contactable 7am-9pm seven days a week for phone advice, 7 days a week for phone advice. Our Emergency Chiropractic Melbourne service is here to help you. Our practice is located at 365 Burwood Road, Hawthorn, patient parking available within one (1) minute walk of the clinic. Appointments can be made 6 days a week, including public holidays.
Our Chiropractors Dr Issac Edger and Dr Adam Curwood currently provide chiropractic services at Hawthorn and surrounding suburbs. They have decades of collective experience between them and regularly see patients with neck pain, back pain, muscle and joint stiffness. Under special circumstances we can also offer a mobile chiropractor in Hawthorn. If you need an emergency home visit Chiropractor in Hawthorn, please contact us as we may be able to attend your home, work or accommodation.
What To Expect On Your First Hawthorn Chiropractor Visit
Please allow approximately 30 minutes for your initial consultation at Emergency Chiropractic Hawthorn. When you arrive at your appointment, your Hawthorn Chiropractor will begin by discussing your previous and current medical health history.
Each initial chiropractic examination usually involves digital postural analysis, palpatory assessment, muscle testing and x-rays if clinically indicated. During your consultation, your chiropractor will perform a comprehensive physical examination to assess your spine and the presenting problem.
Following this, your chiropractor will be able to offer you guidance and treatments designed to help you relieve your discomfort.
HAWTHORN CHIROPRACTORS EDUCATION
At Emergency Chiropractic Hawthorn, all of our chiropractors have undertaken extensive studies of the human body for a minimum of 5-years full-time at university. Most of our team have studies locally, at RMIT University, whilst others have graduated from other reputable chiropractic courses at Murdoch, Macquarie and CQU.
During their clinical science studies, the main subjects a chiropractor will complete are clinical anatomy, micro-biology, pathology, physiology, bio-chemistry, radiology, pathology, differential diagnosis, neurology, neuro-anatomy, practical examinations, and clinical examinations
In addition to their degree, our chiropractors are dedicated to ongoing professional development and the latest research-based chiropractic treatments. Several of our chiropractors have completed additional university courses and all of our chiropractors hold a Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
At Emergency Chiropractic, all of our practitioners are insured to practice chiropractic modalities in Australia.
When Can I Schedule A Chiropractor Appointment?
Our Hawthorn Chiropractors are available 7 days a week, Monday to Sunday with early morning and late evening appointments available.
365 Burwood Road, Hawthorn
Call 03 9882 7135
Book Online HERE
Facts about Hawthorn
- Hawthorn is located 6kms east of Melbourne’s Central Business District
- The local government of Hawthorn falls under the City of Boroondara
- As of the 2016 Census, the population of Hawthorn was 23,511
- Hawthorn was first settled in the 1830’s
- The name Hawthorn is thought to have originated from a conversation with Charles La Trobe who commented that he native shrubs looked like flowering Hawthorn bushes
- Swinburne University of Technology is located in Hawthorn
- Hawthorn is serviced by three railway stations: Hawthorn, Glenferrie and Auburn.
- Hawthorn is also serviced by 6 tram services
- The suburb is home to the Hawthorn Football club
- Daniel Francis Murphy of the Dan Murphy’s Liquor store chain grew up in Hawthorn
- Home to a variety of Victorian style houses
- Hawthorn is 5.7kms square in size
- Hawthorn is designated as one of 82 Major Activity Centres in the Melbourne 2030 Metropolitan strategy.
- Hawthorn is home to many nationalities besides Australians, with the most common nationalities inhabiting the suburb being from China, England, India, Malaysia and New Zealand.
- Of its population, 40% of inhabitants work in professional services.
- 30% of the population travel to work by public transport
- 45% of the population travel to work by car
- 90% of dwellings in Hawthorn are occupied
- The average age of the population living in Hawthorn was between 20 to 39.
- The postcode of Hawthorn is 3122
- First chiropractic adjustment was done by Daniel David Palmer in 1895 for partial deaf janitor Harvey Lillard.
- Chiro means ‘Hands’ in Greek. Chiropractor are using hands to examine the patient and fine ‘spinal dysfunction’ and to treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- You don’t need a referral from GP to see a chiropractor as they are primary contact practitioner.
- The course of chiropractic care is carried certain risks such as mild discomfort following treatment and falling from the treatment table
- To become a chiropractor you need to complete a 5 years university course.
- Spinal manipulation is the major skill the chiropractor use for acute and chronic low back pain.
- There is limited scientific research surrounding chiropractic.
- Chiropractors are most well known for conditions involving the back and neck.
- Chiropractors often work with other practitioners such as physiotherapists and remedial masseurs.
- Initial chiropractic consultation will include any relevant medical history, physical examination such as orthopedic tests, range of motion and palpation. Your chiropractor may perform spinal manipulation if there is no medical contraindication and if this form of treatment is indicated.
- Most private insurance will cover chiropractic treatment in Australia such as Bupa, Medibank etc.
What do people commonly visit the chiropractor for:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Work related injuries
- Muscle and Joint Stiffness