- Available 6-7 days a week
- Secure online appointments
- Traction/ Decompression Machine
- Access to a range of other allied health professionals
- Onsite X-rays & HICAPS
- HICAPS insurance rebates
- Experienced Chiropractors
ABOUT EMERGENCY CHIROPRACTIC FOOTSCRAY
If you’re looking for an after-hours chiropractor, Footscray Emergency Chiropractic clinic is contactable 7am-9pm seven days a week for phone advice, 7 days a week for phone advice. When you speak to our knowledgeable team, they will advise you as to whether chiropractic care may benefit your condition and offer you a same day appointment guaranteed.
Located at 31 Droop Street, Footscray, our chiropractors are experienced seeing back pain, neck pain, muscle and joint stiffness. Under special circumstances we can also offer a mobile chiropractor in Footscray. If you need an emergency home visit Chiropractor in Footscray, please contact us as we may be able to attend your home, work or accommodation.
Our chiropractors are all registered through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), qualified from RMIT University and continue to develop their skills through continued professional education and training. When you come in for your appointment, our chiropractors are dedicated to providing you with clear advice and research-based treatments.
For further information, advice or to make an appointment, please contact us today. We look forward to seeing you in our Footscray practice soon. Alternatively, we have practices in nearby suburbs, including Pakenham, Cranbourne and Narre Warren.
What To Expect On Your First Footscray Chiropractor Visit
Please allow approximately 30 minutes for your initial consultation at Emergency Chiropractic Footscray. When you arrive at your appointment, your Footscray Chiropractor will begin by discussing your previous and current medical health history.
Each initial chiropractic examination usually involves digital postural analysis, palpatory assessment, muscle testing and x-rays if clinically indicated. During your consultation, your chiropractor will perform a comprehensive physical examination to assess your spine and the presenting problem.
Following this, your chiropractor will be able to offer you guidance and treatments designed to help you relieve your discomfort.
Footscray CHIROPRACTORS EDUCATION
At Emergency Chiropractic Footscray, all of our chiropractors have undertaken extensive studies of the human body for a minimum of 5-years full-time at university. Most of our team have studies locally, at RMIT University, whilst others have graduated from other reputable chiropractic courses at Murdoch, Macquarie and CQU.
During their clinical science studies, the main subjects a chiropractor will complete are clinical anatomy, micro-biology, pathology, physiology, bio-chemistry, radiology, pathology, differential diagnosis, neurology, neuro-anatomy, practical examinations, and clinical examinations
In addition to their degree, our chiropractors are dedicated to ongoing professional development and the latest research-based chiropractic treatments. Several of our chiropractors have completed additional university courses and all of our chiropractors hold a Level 2 First Aid Certificate.
At Emergency Chiropractic, all of our practitioners are insured to practice chiropractic modalities in Australia.
When Can I Schedule A Footscray Chiropractor Appointment?
Your Footscray Chiropractors are available 7 days a week, Monday to Sunday with early morning and late evening appointments available.
3 Droop Street
Call 03 9111 5689
Book Online HERE
Facts about Footscray
- Footscray is located 6kms from Melbourne’s Central Business District
- Its local government is the City of Maribyrnong
- As of the 2016 census, footscray had a population of 16,345
- Footscray has a very diverse multicultural central shopping area which was once a centre for Greek, Italian and Yugoslavian migrants, it later became a hub for Vietnamese and East African immigrants in Melbourne
- Footscray is named after Foots Cray which is on the River Cray in London, England
- Footscray was built largely on the traditional lands of the Kulin nation
- There are over 130 restaurants in Footscray consisting of Vietnamese, Indian, Chinese, African, Australian, Indonesia, Italian, Turkish, Thai and Japanese Cuisines.
- Footscray is home to the Footscray market which is a large indoor market consisting of 33 food stalls, and 50 general stalls dealing in fresh produce
- Footscray has an Asylum Seeker Resource centre on Nicholson which looks after the wellbeing of thousands of asylum seekers
- Colleen Hartland, a Victorian State Government Greens MP originates from Footscray
- Michael Leunig the famous Australian cartoonist and poet comes from Footscray
- Footscray has the Western General hospital which serves the health needs of its community.
- Footscray has two Victoria University campuses located within the suburb
- There are 5 Kindergartens located in Footscray
- Footscray has 2 secondary schools, Footscray city college and Gilmore girls college.
- The suburb itself has featured in a few Australian movies: Romper Stomper (1992), Metal Skin (1994) and Pawno (2015).
- Footscray park is one of the largest and most intact examples of an Edwardian park in Australia and is listed as a heritage place on the Victorian Heritage Register.
- The Australian Croatian Association headquarters is located in Footscray
- Footscray is home to the Western Bulldogs Australian Football club.
- The headquarters of Lonely Planet Publications were located in eastern Footscray till 2016.
- First chiropractic adjustment was done by Daniel David Palmer in 1895 for partial deaf janitor Harvey Lillard.
- Chiro means ‘Hands’ in Greek. Chiropractor are using hands to examine the patient and fine ‘spinal dysfunction’ and to treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- You don’t need a referral from GP to see a chiropractor as they are primary contact practitioner.
- The course of chiropractic care is carried certain risks such as mild discomfort following treatment and falling from the treatment table
- To become a chiropractor you need to complete a 5 years university course.
- Spinal manipulation is the major skill the chiropractor use for acute and chronic low back pain.
- Chiropractors are most well known for conditions involving the low back and neck.
- Initial chiropractic consultation will include any relevant medical history, physical examination such as orthopedic tests, range of motion and palpation accordingly and chiropractor will perform the spinal manipulation if there is no medical contraindication and if this form of treatment is indicated.
- Most private insurance will cover chiropractic treatment in Australia such as Bupa, Medibank etc.
What do people commonly visit the chiropractor for:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle and Joint Stiffness